Sunday, October 17, 2010

The River Wild

The mirror was broken in the name of vanity.
The seeker was a token from which to buy the insanity.
The lake calms, the river wild,
Something I watch every once, every while.

My heart was human, my head was moving,
But nothing seemed to beat.
I looked upon the river wild,
Which and where nothing fell to sleep.

The river captured and swallowed up,
The lake stood by and by still.
The river raged and rallied corrupt.
While the lake sent a smile and vibes of good will.

The lake has stooped and lost and compromised
And the river never hides its lying eyes.
The whole rivers and lakes and all of their waters,
Are sullied and polluted and I wonder why bother.

I wish I had hope in this great ocean o' blue,
But this young hopeful's hope is running out too.

All you as well have this problem and ask and take:
Why do we support this frivolous lake?

I'll say this once and I'll say this again,
An enemy is worse than a disappointing friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment